The Front End Form Plugin brings the awesomeness, and ease of use, of the Advanced Custom Fields Plugin for WordPress into the front end by generating a shortcode for each Field Group you create in ACF.
But it’s not just for creating a basic contact form. You can create quizes, interactive questionnaires, support request systems integrated with the Project Manager Plugin and more…
That shortcode (when placed into a Page, Post, Custom Post Type, Widget or any other area that accepts shortcode) will display the ACF Field Group you created so visitors can interact with it like they would any standard form you could have created with the faithful Contact Form 7, robust Formidable or dynamic Gravity Forms Plugins which – in all their glory – pale in comparison to the benefits of field creation and management with Advanced Custom Fields.
Add-Ons and Extensions
Like ACF we developed this Plugin to be modular. Here are some additional Add-Ons and Extensions you might find helpful:
Without this Plugin the native ACF File Uploader field doesn’t allow users to upload files from the front end due to limitations of the native WordPress Media Uploader.
Prevent SPAM submissions with this Plugin.
Apart from the basic ability to display your ACF Field Groups with shortcode you can also:
- Receive Email Notifications Upon Submission – We’ve extended ACF so that when someone submits a Front End Form that you are notified by email.
- Auto Populates with Form Data (Optional) – You can select a checkbox, for each form, to specify whether you want the email to be automatically populated with all of the form data.
- Notification Customizing – You can further customize your email notifications with content to your liking.
- File Attachments – When a file is uploaded to a form it’s not just saved to the database but it’s also sent to all recipients.
- Standardized Forms – You can set default values that are used for all of your forms, unless you’ve already customized them. So things like your submit button, successfully submitted message, email notifications and more can be set for all of your forms at once so you don’t waste time copying and pasting those values.
- Create Interactive Test and Quizes – Maybe you need to create a test or quiz that displays different questions and results based on the Users answers. Thanks to ACF and the Front End Form Plugin you can do that!
- Database of Submissions – All submissions are saved and accessible from it’s own, individual, menu item just like Pages and Posts display their own.
- Integrates with the CPT UI Plugin – For the ability to quickly create Custom Post Types to associate your Custom Fields with we recommend the CPT UI Plugin.
- Create Posts – You can create Posts from the submissions.
- Edit Entries & Save Drafts – Allow logged-in users to save drafts and edit their own entries, or even edit those submitted by others without seeing the admin area. You can optionally allow responses only from users who are logged-in.
|Features||ACF Front End Form||Contact Form 7||Formidable||Gravity Forms|
|Advanced Fields (Numbers, Emails, Passwords, Relational)||Yes (Powered by ACF)||No||Partial (No Relational Fields)||Partial (No Relational Fields)|
|Order Forms||No (Coming Soon)||No||Yes (Premium Only)|
|Drag-n-Drop Form Builder||Yes (Powered by ACF)||No||Partial (Just sucks compared to ACF)||Partial (Just sucks compared to ACF)|
|Save to Database||Yes||Yes (Premium Only)||Yes (Premium Only)||Yes|
|Create Posts||Yes||No||Yes (Premium Only)||Yes (Premium Only)|
|Customize Individual Email Notifications||Yes (Premium Only)||Yes|
|Shortcode to Display Forms||Yes||Yes|
|Widget to Display Forms||No (Coming Soon)||Yes|
|Shortcode to Display Database||No (Coming Soon)||No||Yes (Premium Only)|
|reCAPTCHA||Available in Separate Extension »||No||No|
|Conditionally Hide & Show Fields||Yes (Powered by ACF)||No||Yes (Premium Only)||Yes (Premium Only)|
|Free Updates for Current Major Version||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Paginiation (Multi-Paged Forms)||No (Planned)||No||Yes (Premium Only)||Yes (Premium Only)|
|Variables (Get a Value from Another Form)||No (Planned)||No||Yes (Premium Only)|
|Collapsible Sections||Partial (Supported on Backend, Planned for Front End)||No||Yes (Premium Only)|
|File Uploading||Yes||No||Yes (Premium Only)|
|File Uploading to Custom Location||No (Planned)||No||Yes (Premium Only)|
|Field Validation||Yes (Powered by ACF)||Yes||Yes|
|Graphs||No (Planned)||No||Yes (Premium Only)|
|Autoresponders||No (Planned)||No||Yes (Premium Only)|
|Limit Entries||No (Planned)||No||No||Yes (Premium Only)|
|Scheduled Forms||No (Planned)||No||No||Yes (Premium Only)|
|API with Hooks (Actions & Filters)||Yes (Powered by ACF)||No||Partial|
|Free Support Forums||Yes||Yes|
|Support by Phone||Yes (M-F 9-5)||No|
|Support by Email||Yes (M-F 9-5)||No|
|Wiki – Knowledgebase – FAQ||Yes||Partial||Yes|
|Warranty & Refund (30 Day Mon||Refund Policy »||N/A||30 Day Money Back Guarantee|
The following are features that we are planning to introduce in future releases or as separate Plugins.
- Widgets – In the immediate future we intend to introduce a Widget that allows you to place any of your ACF Forms (AKA Field Groups) into any Widget Area on your website. (Want this feature now? Help us do it by funding it or contributing code here »)
- Associate a Form with BBPress Forums – So you can create a Support Request form that Users are required to complete before submitting a Post in any categories you specify. (Want this feature now? Help us do it by funding it or contributing code here »)
- Ticketing System / Support Requests – You can select a setting that, when a form is submitted, automatically generates a Task in the Project Manager Plugin by TPC, assigns it to a User or Role (Group) of your choice. It will even check to see if there is a Project already created for that customer so you don’t get duplicates! (Want this feature now? Help us do it by funding it or contributing code here »)
- Payment Field – We intend to extend ACF Front End Form with the ability to add a Payment field. (Want this feature now? Help us do it by funding it or contributing code here »)
- Pagination & Progress – Sometimes it’s necessary to split a form into several sections and show the progress through the form to the user. We plan to implement this feature.
- Scoring – For those using this Plugin to create Quizes, the ability to set a value for each answer and display those results is usually a necessity. We plan to implement this feature.
- Additional Headers – To match the Contact Form 7 feature we’ll be implementing an “Additional Headers” functionality so that you can include additional HTML headers for things like tracking.
- File Attachments to Email Notifications – Although we don’t recommend this, we do know that there are times where attaching files to emails is necessary. So we’ll be